St Germain Chapagne Lemon Rosemary Sorbet

Last Sunday, my dear friend Lorraine invited me to a boozy desserts party. Unfortunately, I overextended myself the day before and was too exhausted to be social. So, even though I had spent Friday making my mixture for the dessert I had planned to contribute, I bailed.

I recently bought a bottle of St. Germain. If you haven't tried it, I can't recommend it enough. Most liqueurs are too sweet for me, but St Germain mixed with a little sparkling water and a squeeze of lemon is just delightful. If you like subtle hints of flowery flavors, then you very well might fall in love with the elderflower taste of St Germain.

There aren't a lot of recipes on the internet that include St Germain, so I searched for some with limoncello. I found many results similar to this, which inspired my recipe.

St Germain, lemons and Cristalino, extra dry.

I decided a little additional herb would be nice, so I picked just a little bit of fresh rosemary from our community herb garden at my condo.

Fresh rosemary and lemon.

I put sugar, water, rosemary, and lemon zest into my simple syrup.

Rosemary lemon syrup

Then I juiced lemons.

Lemons.

I strained the lemon juice and the simple syrup and added champagne and St Germain. I love that those two beverages rhyme. The sound lovely together and taste lovely together.

I chilled the concoction and then began the freezing process in my ice cream maker. I added 2 egg whites to make it creamy. I put it in this container to let it freeze harder.

St Germain Champagne Lemon Rosemary Sorbet

Served in a small dish and garnished with a little rosemary, this would make a lovely pallet cleanser. Or just a refreshing dessert.

St Germain Champagne Lemon Rosemary Sorbet

No comments:

Post a Comment